Thursday, June 22, 2006

Aw, crap.

I did it again. I put down another project. The sweater vest? Yeah. It just wasn't working the way I wanted it to. Plus, I knew I didn't have enough yarn to finish it.

There is good news, though! A few days ago, while I was trying to sleep, I remembered what kind of yarn I was using for the vest. The unknown yarn (which I figured was cotton), turned out to be Bernat Cottontots. It's really cute stuff. Nice and smooth, but still soft.
I bought this stuff YEARS ago (and probably trashed its band the moment I did) so it was quite a happy accident that I remembered.

So even though I don't CURRENTLY have enough yarn to finish my vest, I will hopefully be making a trip to a well-stocked yarn store soon. All I have to do is find one in my area.

Anywho, in the meantime I am busying myself with yet ANOTHER woolease project. A wee baggie waggie. Maybe a tote bag, maybe a little clutch. I haven't decided. The colors are Mink Brown (warm brown with tiny specks of red and green, and little blackish fuzzy things) and Natural Heather. There'll be a cabled natural edging. I want to incorperate the knitting with some machine sewing. We'll just have to wait and see how this turns out.



I HAVE TO GET RID OF ALL THIS YARN. I HAVE TO. STASH REDUCTION OR DEATH.

Irina: I assure you I was not drunk when I wrote my last entry. I was merely crazy with lack of sleep.

No comments: