Thursday, June 08, 2006

If I were a ball of yarn, I would knit up at about 200st/in

Sockie, sockie, socks.

They're so nice to knit. Unless I'm knitting for my grandfather, apparently. I messed up again on the first round of toe decreases, and had to rip back (that was some of the bitchiest frogging I've ever done). Those damned socks are so close to completion that I can almost taste them. Not that I will taste them. That would be rude, considering that they are a gift.

I started on the second sock of my pair a few days ago, and they're coming along quite smoothly.


Wish List Update!! I was pokin around the interwebz and decided on some items that I want. These include, but are not limited to:
  • Knit Picks: Simple stripes, Parade, and Dancing sock yarns
  • Den-M-Nit Pure Indigo Cotton yarn
  • Regia 4 Strato Color yarn
  • Shorter Size 1 (2.25mm) Straight Needles (the ones I have are long and IMPOSSIBLE to handle dainty lace edgings with)
  • Size 1 (2.25mm), Size 2 (2.75mm), and Size 3 (3.25mm) Lantern Moon Double Pointed Needles
  • Sensational Knitted Socks, by Charlene Schurch
  • Knitting Vintage Socks, by Nancy Bush
  • Knitting on the Road, by Nancy Bush
  • Kaffe Fassett's Pattern Library, by Kaffe Fassett


YAY THINGS I HAVE NO MONEY FOR!!!

On another note, I referred to Josh as a ball of expensive Merino/Silk blend today.

No comments: