Thursday, March 08, 2007

Man, I'm so happy this pair is done.

Gram's "Aliene" slipper socks are finished as of Tuesday, but I failed to take a picture before I gave them to her. The gift was already several days late and I was too anxious to give them to her before I took a picture.

Toe-Up "Aliene" stats:
Pattern: My own, featuring EZ's sewn cast-off.
Yarn: KnitPicks Swish Superwash. Less than two Balls Ballerina, and about half of one ball Capri.
Needles: Set of Five 3.75mm DPNs
Skills Learned: EZ's sewn cast-off. Plus, this is my first (and fully improvised!) pair of toe-up socks ever.

While I don't have any photos of the finished socks, I do have pictures of the second sock in progress, as modeled by Lolita's kitten, Artichoke.


Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

My next task is to finished Uncle Bobby's socks. Which have been laying around in my "to knit" box since like... September. I was thinking about frogging the first sock until I freed it from its white plastic prison and realised that it was close to half finished. So I'm trudgin' on. Men's socks at 9sts per inch make my wrists hurt, especially when I'm working double-time so they'll be ready for his birthday on the 17th.

No comments: