Friday, July 27, 2007

Even my faithful brick-phone has abandoned me!

Life kind of feels like futilely attempting to traverse a forest full of prickly bushes and poison ivy and itchy, itchy bugs lately. Due to several downright shitty events that have all gone down within the past week I've been less than cheerful, and my lackluster attitude has taken quite a toll in more than one area of my life.

My less than pleasant week has kind of been topped off by my trouble with the Mystery Stole. I joined the knit-along unsure whether I would actually participate, but started knitting with hopes that it would help me find some sense of camaraderie with my fellows and maybe even force me to make some friends in the field (As of now, I have none. Really. None.). Unfortunately, it's always been difficult for me to break out of my knitter's shell and embarrassing, if not nearly impossible, to plant myself in the middle of an already established group of people. Because of this, I've only posted one message in the entire time I've been a part of the group.

And clue one keeps kicking my ass. I had to reknit up to row 30-something twice, and once I finally got past that section it seemed like smooth sailing. Until I dropped a stitch on row 69 or 71 or somewhere around there. After I dropped that stitch I put the stole down. It was too much for me to focus on this afternoon. I've knitted lace before, I have no trouble reading the chart or my knitting, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I AM SO INEPT AT LIFE RIGHT NOW.

But it's okay. Because I am going to shower, rent a movie, eat some sorbet, take the train, and sleep in my wonderful boyfriend's bed tonight.

1 comment:

Rachel Suzanne said...

So I just stumbled across you blog, cross referenceing Good Eats and Knitting, figured I had to come across someone interesting and I definitely think you are. Stick it out. I only pick up my needles once in a blue moon they frustrate me so badly sometimes, but it always gets better, life always gets better. Hang in there.