Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Mothers' Day!

These are the monkeys I knitted for my mom:

Two months late isn't THAT bad. The regular-length sock was knitted first, and by request was knitted two more times in an ankle-length version.


No one can say I don't love my momma.

Pattern: Cookie A's Monkey, Courtesy of Knitty.
Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted Fingering weight in "Oops!"- Less than two skeins for these three socks. As always, the yarn and the socks themselves are much prettier than my camera phone is willing to acknowledge.
Needles: Magic Looped using KnitPicks' 32" classic circs (i am too lazy to check which size. Or link them.)
Skills Learned: No completely new skills, but this project did help me get used to grafting.


Mom and I have been in the new apartment for a tiny bit over a month now, and doing pretty well for ourselves considering the circumstances. Things are going well, but I am tired and stressed out. I quit my job at the piggy bank cart and now assemble gift baskets down the other end of the mall. The job is cool- the store is much more structured than the cart could ever hope to be, and my bosses always have something for me to do.

No comments: