Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Monster Strikes AGAIN!

I decided to go on eBay tonight. Just to look, you know? To compare prices on drop spindles and spinning kits... I didn't mean to spend MORE money on fiber or tools or anything... but... I ended up buying a cute little spindle kit with 2oz of dark green roving and another 4oz ball of blueish green roving.

The good news is that I'm going to be a spinner soon. The bad news is that my total fiber/needle/tool expenses for the week are now totalling about $70.

As of the time this entry is posted, I vow to spend NO MONEY on yarn or knitting supplies for the next month. I am abstaining from fiber-related purchases until August 26, 2006. And after Aug. 26, winter gift shopping will begin.

Speaking of winter gift shopping, I was thinking that if I get to be any good at this spinning thing, I could give my grandmother a skein of hand spun yarn for christmas. I just don't know what she'd make with it. Fat Karen and What's for Dinner (Josh's parents) will probably get scarves.

Goodnight, don't let the moth larvae bite.

No comments: